Thursday, May 22, 2008

Parallel computing...

Why do people get where they get to and how do they do it? Is it by choice or is it just the natural order of things? Is it because they've wanted to "get there, do that", or was it something that instinctively made them do it? There was a doctor I knew way back, in Pune who ended up opening a string of beauty saloons!! well well well what do u have? A MD hair stylist!!
Now these are a few questions that are unanswered for me.
I have on my part, followed my instincts (the natural order defined for me!), and have worked hard; every time, for every goal that I've set my eyes on. Now, I don't find myself belonging to the "been there, done that" group. The simple question is - why?
Am I just jumping to a conclusion, too soon(thats double speed!) or is my Instinct Recognition System (IRS) is flawed?

Only time will tell. :)

By the way, the title is not misleading - here's the prologue:
I dropped my colleague at his home a few minutes ago and on the way back happened to notice a few people unloading 15 rack mounted servers for their organization. I happen to work in an IT park and so this sight did not take me by surprise. I instantly recollected my dream of being, at least, a security guard at a supercomputing facility, if not a developer. No prizes for guessing that I'm nowhere near fulfilling the dream, either in terms of technology or distance or designation!!

1 comment:

Giri said...

Choice is an illusion, created between those with power, and those without. - Merovingian